Ok! Well I had given up on the idea that my goatee might be pregnant because A) She was very nervous on her 'date' and B) she seemed to go into heat around the same time for the two months following the date. Last week I noticed that her udder has swollen up quite a bit and seems to be dropping down - meaning shes pregnant, right?

With this development I have decided that the companion wether that we have has got to go - he's too aggressive to her and he has gotten HUGE and heavy. He has also threatened to head butt me and has tested out my husband. I feel bad about it, but he's just too much.

Views: 97

Replies to This Discussion

Yes, she is pregnant and you are right to get the wether away from her.  Gestation is approximately 5 months.

Our due date is May 20th. My plan is to get another milk goat to replace our wether, Cookie. Hoping to get this all done by the end of April.

Congrats! Fiasco Farms website has some good birthing tips (especially good to review in case your doe needs assistance). 

Well never-friggen-mind - she's not pregnant. Apparently she's just 'precocious' - or False Pregnancy. Luckily we're purchasing her sister, who was pregnant and is now a milker.

RSS

Connect with Us!

Latest Activity

cathyray liked Adelita's blog post Burque Music Scene: Felix y Los Gatos
43 minutes ago
Kim replied to Kim's discussion Land for bee hives? in the group Urban Farmers
1 hour ago
KL Wagoner posted an event
Thumbnail

Landscape: How Setting Creates Identity & Story at SouthWest Writers -- New Life Presbyterian

May 19, 2015 from 7pm to 9pm
1 hour ago
Hunter commented on once banned twice shy's blog post Morning Fix - Wait, What, it's MONDAY?
2 hours ago

Members

Regular Features

"Morning Fix" with Phil_0Sophieonce banned twice shy

ABQ Pics with Dee

Sunday - "Sunday Poetry" with The Ditch Rider Johnny_Mango
Monday - Barelas Babe
Tuesday - Johnny Mango;  "The Dinner Bell" with Butterball
Wednesday - "Builders and Makers" with Shelle VanEtten de SanchezDougR
Thursday - "At The Urban Homestead" with "Robin Day"; "ABQ Archived Photos" with SophieBrian Fejer
Friday - "What To Do in ABQ" with Adelita
Saturday - "Burque Music Scene" with Adelita

ABQ Blogs

© 2015   Created by Duke City Fix.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service