Ok! Well I had given up on the idea that my goatee might be pregnant because A) She was very nervous on her 'date' and B) she seemed to go into heat around the same time for the two months following the date. Last week I noticed that her udder has swollen up quite a bit and seems to be dropping down - meaning shes pregnant, right?

With this development I have decided that the companion wether that we have has got to go - he's too aggressive to her and he has gotten HUGE and heavy. He has also threatened to head butt me and has tested out my husband. I feel bad about it, but he's just too much.

Views: 95

Replies to This Discussion

Yes, she is pregnant and you are right to get the wether away from her.  Gestation is approximately 5 months.

Our due date is May 20th. My plan is to get another milk goat to replace our wether, Cookie. Hoping to get this all done by the end of April.

Congrats! Fiasco Farms website has some good birthing tips (especially good to review in case your doe needs assistance). 

Well never-friggen-mind - she's not pregnant. Apparently she's just 'precocious' - or False Pregnancy. Luckily we're purchasing her sister, who was pregnant and is now a milker.

RSS

Connect with Us!

Latest Activity

Ron Da Bomb commented on Sophie's blog post A blogger mourns: Dickey's returns to Albuquerque
57 minutes ago
Gloria M replied to Gloria M's discussion Skunked in the group Urban Farmers
1 hour ago
Popejoy Hall posted events
1 hour ago
Erik Zsemlye liked Johnny_Mango's blog post Little Beaver Town, or what’s left of it, is still open for business
2 hours ago

Members

Regular Features

• "Sunday Poetry" with The Ditch Rider Johnny_Mango

• Daily Photo by Dee

• "Morning Fix" with Phil_0, SophieAdelitaKitson

© 2014   Created by Duke City Fix.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service