The arts and crafts market will be held at South Valley Gateway Park, 100 Isleta Blvd. S.W., on Oct. 12 and coincides with many other fall events happening around the county during October.
The deadline to register as a vendor for the event is Sept. 18 at 5 p.m.
“Bernalillo County is proud to provide new opportunities to highlight our incredibly strong arts and crafts community,” says Bernadette Miera, Cultural Services Department Manager. “Gateway Park is the perfect location for this market, at the entrance to the historic South Valley which contains many of Bernalillo County’s cultural treasures.”
The event will also feature music, food trucks, performing arts and a mural exhibition led by area high school students.
The county is partnering with Art Out of the Box and Working Classroom to involve students who will create murals on the day of the event.
Shuttles will be provided to take visitors between this event and the Taste of New Mexico 2013 event, which is scheduled for Oct. 12 and 13, at the nearby National Hispanic Cultural Center.
• Bridge to the Arts @ Gateway special event
• Saturday, Oct. 12, from 11 a.m.-4 p.m.
• South Valley Gateway Park, 100 Isleta Blvd. S.W. (At Bridge and Isleta Boulevards Southwest.)
• The vendor registration deadline is Sept. 18 at 5 p.m. Booth fees are $25.
• Go to www.bernco.gov/bridgetothearts for a downloadable, printable application.
• For more information, contact Sherry Gutierrez at 505.468.7247 or firstname.lastname@example.org