Sorry about this, but we find a couple of these every morning on our back porch where we feed the birds.  They run anywhere from an inch to and inch-and-three-quarters.  We figure it's either from a White-winged Dove or a critter.  Does anyone know?

Views: 39

Replies to This Discussion

I could be an owl pellet. Start your research there and report back.

OK, Bosque Bill.  The past two mornings, I checked early (6 AM) and saw no pellets.  I was thinking if it was owls, they would be leaving pellets at night.  This morning, sometime between 10 and 11, I found another pellet.  The White-wings and Mourning doves feed here somewhat regularly (in waves, it seems)  till around noon, then sporadically the rest of the day.  I didn't see who left it, but would I be right concluding it wasn't an owl based on the time frame?

Skip, I can't fault your reasoning regarding the timing of the deposit. I also can't think it is another species of bird, such as your doves, as I don't think the size or firmness would apply. I'm stumped.

RSS

Connect with Us!

Regular Features

• "Sunday Poetry" with The Ditch Rider

Johnny_Mango

• Daily Photo by Dee

• "Morning Fix" with Adelita, Hettie, Phil_0 and Masshole in Fringecrest

DCF Flickr Photos

Latest Activity

Jim DesJardins/HydePark Realty's event was featured

Electric Car Presentation at REI

August 26, 2014 from 6pm to 7pm
13 minutes ago
Events NHCC's event was featured
Thumbnail

Circus Arts Performance with Circo Radical at National Hispanic Cultural Center, Domenici Education Bldg.

August 23, 2014 from 10:30am to 12pm
14 minutes ago
Shelly Michalski's event was featured

A Diamond on the Camino Real at Gutierrez-Hubbell House

August 23, 2014 from 9am to 12pm
16 minutes ago
Cara Brenza's event was featured
Thumbnail

13th Lucky Deustchemarque Motiva Speedway RACES at Motiva Speedway located on the West Mesa

August 23, 2014 to August 24, 2014
20 minutes ago

© 2014   Created by MarketPlace Media.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service