So I have been wondering around Albuquerque looking for decent Tiramisu. I know that Bucca Di Beppo has some really decent Tiramisu, but since it is also made for a family of at least four, it's not a place where I usually stop by. Is there any good tiramisu around Albuquerque that is single serve?

Tags: Albuquerque, Italian, desserts, food, restaurants, tiramisu

Views: 932

Replies to This Discussion

The Best Tiramisu I have ever had was in Kirkland Washington. It was so good I had to ask how it was prepared.

The Chef owner explained to me that Tiramisu made with lady fingers is garbage. As we dove further into the conversation he explained that most places simply buy lady fingers remove them from a package then assemble their version dessert. (I had some from Scalo like that a number of years ago)

This chef made his Tiramisu from scratch completely; he started out by baking a fresh sheet cake from a recipe that was handed down to him from family. Slicing horizontally he then soaked this sheet cake overnight in rum & espresso. He stressed that by baking fresh cake then opening the pores of the cake up by slicing it it allows all the flavor to soak in.

Since having this amazing version of Tiramisu, I find myself disappointed when I see it served with lady fingers. If any restaurants in the area are actually making their own lady fingers on site for this dessert I would be worth noting. Of course, if there are any that are actually baking fresh sheet cake please let us know! 

As far as the suggested origins of the dessert the jury may still be out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiramisu

Do not expect artisan Tiramisu from a chain restaurant, period.

Farm to table people, support your independent restaurants.

RSS

Connect with Us!

Latest Activity

Krista commented on Sophie's blog post Who owes you money?
1 hour ago
Adelita liked Sophie's blog post Who owes you money?
3 hours ago
Adelita commented on Sophie's blog post Who owes you money?
3 hours ago
shotsie replied to Granjero's discussion Transit. Why or why not?
5 hours ago

Members

Regular Features

• "Sunday Poetry" with The Ditch Rider Johnny_Mango

• Daily Photo by Dee

• "Morning Fix" with Phil_0, Sophie, once banned twice shyKitson

© 2014   Created by Duke City Fix.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service