Does anyone go to Zia Elementary? I would love to hear your experience! Trying to decide between them and private. So far I have been impressed by what I have seen, but haven't talked to any parents yet....

Views: 9

Replies to This Discussion

Our oldest goes to Zia and we have had nothing but good experiences. One friend whose daughter was in kindergarten last year was less than happy, but all the other families and neighbors we know have no serious complaints.

The school day there is very long...from about 9 am to 3:44, because there are short days on Wednesdays still (a holdover from an earlier time at APS). It may be that this is the last year for that crazy schedule though.

Generally we have been happy with the size of the school, the teachers, the parent involvement, the art and PE programs, the special events such as science night, young authors night, science fair, the cleanliness of the campus, etc. We are in the Spanish program which is great too.

Drawbacks are the same at most public schools--lunches seem gross so it is best to pack one, etc. I hope this helps!
Sarah, thank you so much for your response!!! I really appreciate it. We are going to be going to Zia, my son will be starting kindergarten. What you said helped ease my mind. But at the same time, I am concerned about your friends experience, whose daughter was in kindergarten last year. Are there any things specifically I need to be aware of or watch out for? Thanks again, Julie

RSS

Connect with Us!

Regular Features

• "Sunday Poetry" with The Ditch Rider

Johnny_Mango

• Daily Photo by Dee

• "Morning Fix" with Adelita, Hettie, Phil_0 and Masshole in Fringecrest

DCF Flickr Photos

Latest Activity

Dee Cohen's 2 blog posts were featured
1 hour ago
Dee Cohen posted blog posts