I received a mailing from CB&I today - a public notice about the discharge permit application from Kirtland AFB to remediate the contamination by injecting groundwater into the wells... CB&I is the contractor (formerly Shaw) working with KAFB. I feel really under-informed about this proposal, and it's really important to the fringe and to ABQ. Anybody out there know anything?

Views: 44

Replies to This Discussion

We haven't received that mailing, but I plan to look into it. Every time I turn on the tap, I think about it. Ever since I published "The Environmental Disaster You've Never Heard Of," this has been on my mind. Thanks for the tip, Icaldero. 

Connect with Us!

Albuquerque's Community Forum

Kirtland jet fuel spill -- CB&I mailing 7/7/2014 1 Reply

Started by lcaldero. Last reply by Samantha Anne Carrillo Jul 8, 2014.

Gas Station at the Corner of Zuni and San Mateo....

Started by Another Mike Jun 11, 2013.

VHNA Redistricting Committee Meeting

Started by Chris Jul 12, 2012.

Le Chat Lunatique -- This Sunday at Whittier

Started by chantal Jul 7, 2012.

VHNA Redistricting Committee Meeting

Started by Chris Jul 1, 2012.

Latest Activity

vinceinburque added a page to the group Ukulele

Music Mart of Albuquerque

Music Mart Inc.  3301 Carlisle Blvd NE  Albuquerque, NM 87110, USA https://www.musicmart.com Business Hours (MDT):  9:00am-5:30pm Monday-Friday 9:00am-5:00pm Saturday Closed Sundays and Major Holidays Email: General Email:…
5 hours ago
Adelita liked Lynn Marie Rusaw's blog post Burque Music Scene: Lenin and McCarthy
6 hours ago
Lynn Marie Rusaw's blog post was featured
6 hours ago
Krista liked Duke City Fix's blog post Thanks Albuquerque!
9 hours ago

Regular Features

Anyone can blog on the Duke City Fix, but here are the folks who blog most often:

© 2015   Created by Duke City Fix.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service