There are lots of branch libraries here in ABQ/BernCO. Recommend your favorite.

Views: 19

Replies to This Discussion

The South Valley library is great. It is always filled with families. It is a friendly community gathering place.
It's Juan Tabo for me!

Home of a weekly Stitching Group (open to knitters, crocheters, embroidriers (did I spell that correctly?), quiltiers -- and -- I think -- the first branch to organize such a group.

Lots of programs, readings, lectures.

And best of all: lovely wonderful helpful kind funny caring staff!

Does anyone remember when Special Collections was the Main Library? I grew up there in the children's room.
Cherry Hills!
When my kids were young, the South Broadway library was our favorite place. I liked the emphasis of diversity in the children's picture books, and my kids liked the size and the fact that everyone knew us.

These days, I walk into South Broadway library and I'm likely to be asked where I've been!

I also love the Wyoming Library for the rose garden. And special collections on Central for the vigas and ambiance. And the Southwest Research Center at Zimmerman. And the NHCC library in the old school complex on the grounds.

Sheesh. Can you tell I was raised by librarians?

Guess I'd better head over to South Broadway and say "hola" to my friends.
The kids and I go to Ernie Pyle every Saturday in warmer weather. Gets the kids out of the house and exercising as we walk or ride bikes there. Read a few books while. Select books for check out and stop at the park on the way home to read a few more. During the winter it's the San Pedro Library as they have a larger children's section than Ernie Pyle for the school year's reading logs. Looks like we must really branch out some more.
San Pedro, hands down! It's always hopping over there...and the librarians are really nice.

RSS

Connect with Us!

Regular Features

• "Sunday Poetry" with The Ditch Rider

Johnny_Mango

• Daily Photo by Dee

• "Morning Fix" with Adelita, Hettie, Phil_0 and Masshole in Fringecrest

DCF Flickr Photos

Latest Activity

MarketPlace Media posted events
41 minutes ago
DCMc liked Dee Cohen's blog post ABQ Pics: Motel Hacienda
2 hours ago
Shelly Michalski posted events
4 hours ago
Downtown Growers Market's event was featured
Thumbnail

Downtown Civic Plaza Market at Civic Plaza (under the blue portals)

July 30, 2014 from 11am to 2pm
9 hours ago

© 2014   Created by MarketPlace Media.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service