Please sign this petition to select state senators:

http://goo.gl/wvVjWS

And tell your Las Cruces friends and family to contact their senators to ask them not to confirm Skandera!

Thanks!

Views: 27

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for coming here to let folks know about this good petition, Kris. I noticed you direct it at legislators from Las Cruces - some of us who sign it from DCF will be from Albuquerque - which is okay, right?

Did you see the last discussion I posted here was about Skandera when she started 3 years ago?

Yes! All New Mexicans can sign, so we can show these senators that we want her gone statewide.  I simply want Las Cruces residents to contact the senators in their districts, as well, to make the message stronger. 

I saw your post...amazing how much things have gotten toxic, no?

Well, toxic is a good word for it, that's for sure, Kris. Such comments as this one below show a refusal to listen to experienced teachers.

"The effort continues to implement the NMTEACH system, and no doubt you've likely seen more than a few front-page stories about it. Debate and discussion are part of any new policy implementation, and as long as everyone can agree the primary goal is to improve student achievement, there is no reform that should be dismissed. However, for too many of the loudest critics, making sure the situation is comfortable for themselves (politics) or special interest groups has been the default position. What is comfortable for adults has not been the solution for our students in the past, and, it's not the solution now." -Skandera, ABQ Journal 1/7/14

RSS

Connect with Us!

Regular Features

• "Sunday Poetry" with The Ditch Rider

Johnny_Mango

• Daily Photo by Dee

• "Morning Fix" with Adelita, Hettie, Phil_0 and Masshole in Fringecrest

DCF Flickr Photos

Latest Activity

Patrick liked Dee Cohen's blog post ABQ Pics: Spruce Park Parking
1 hour ago
Bob Gusch shared their event on Facebook