The Kelly Mine and its townsite, located just three miles south of the town of Magdalena, was once home to 3,000 people. Its two hotels were so crowded they rented out rooms in 8-hour shifts. According to an 1883 news article, two hundred wagons were employed hauling silver and lead ore out of the Kelly down to…Continue
Added by Johnny_Mango on September 16, 2014 at 9:38am — No Comments
Mailing of general election ballots on hold till at least next week as state Supreme Court agrees to settle dispute between Bernalillo County commissioners and NM secretary…Continue
Added by Black Dog on September 16, 2014 at 6:30am — No Comments
See 'em while you can! Rosy finch, Bullock's oriole, prairie falcon and 47 other bird species in New Mexico likely…Continue
Added by Dee Cohen on September 15, 2014 at 5:52am — No Comments
Dee Cohen is a familiar face at any Albuquerque poetry event, on the periphery taking pictures of other poets reading, as well as behind the microphone herself. She has also been doing something else with her camera: giving us a photo a week of some location in Albuquerque—helping us discover parts of…Continue
Added by Dee Cohen on September 14, 2014 at 6:35am — No Comments
Submissions are NOW OPEN for songwriters and musicians who have written about Heroin/Opiate Awareness and/or the affects it has had to TTCF. Ten (10) songs will be selected by a team of industry professionals and will be recorded/included on the first album being produced, The Taylor's Calling Heroin Awareness Album-Vol.I
Grants will be given to cover recording costs and
an artist contract will be awarded. Deadline on submissions will be November 30, 2014.
PHASE TWO of our…Continue
• Discovery channel to air a new reality show -- featuring rival politicians working together to survive. Sen. Martin Heinrich is set to star in it in October.
• Starting a life of crime a little early?…Continue
• He's such a brilliant criminal, he stole an APD bait car twice -- in the same day!
• Teens are being taught to use their powers for good, not evil, at…Continue
Added by MarketPlace Media on September 11, 2014 at 7:00am — No Comments
Added by Dee Cohen on September 11, 2014 at 5:31am — No Comments
• Bruce King says Gov. Martinez doesn't have a "Latino heart." What?
• Fried gator bites are just…Continue
Added by MarketPlace Media on September 10, 2014 at 7:00am — No Comments
• Wine, chile and … water? ABQ has the best-tasting water in a three-state area. The award-winning sample was collected from a water fountain at City Hall.
• MSNBC selects Bernalillo County Clerk…Continue
Added by MarketPlace Media on September 9, 2014 at 7:00am — No Comments
• "Cop Killer Plaza" hotel protested. Some ABQ residents demonstrate at hotel where police will be staying while they compete in the upcoming, NRA-sponsored, police shooting…Continue
Hearing CAConrad read is a magical experience, and unexpected. His persona is different, genial, kind, engaged. But his poems are powerful blasts of truth to which we can all relate. He is the author of seven books including ECODEVIANCE: (Soma)tics for the Future Wilderness (Wave Books, 2014),…Continue