Added by Dee Cohen on July 23, 2014 at 5:22am — No Comments
Added by Dee Cohen on July 22, 2014 at 5:18am — No Comments
Added by Dee Cohen on July 21, 2014 at 5:11am — No Comments
Larry thinks all poetry is local. The place you are enters your voice and shapes your poems. He thinks poetry is alive and well but, like Alcoholics Anonymous, a helluva lot more people need its services. But poetry builds its own community of poet-publishers and eager listeners. You can't…Continue
• Music soothes PTSD sufferers, and a local group is using donated guitars and lessons to help vets cope.
• Stealing from a church? There's got to be bad karma associated with that. A local woman is…Continue
When Italian chemist Primo Levi arrived at Auschwitz, after a winter train ride jammed into unheated box cars with 650 other Jews, he was thirsty. Hanging from the eave of a building were icicles. Levi asked a guard if he could have one. The guard said, “No”. Levi asked why. The guard responded,…Continue
Added by Amy M. Ditto on July 17, 2014 at 8:30am — No Comments
• Entrepreneurial soap-maker is only 11, and donates some of his proceeds to the homeless organization that helped he and his mom get back on their feet.
• It sounds a little like "Happy…Continue
• It happened in a flash. Lightning struck a UNM student last week. Luckily, he's fine, but his watch is now deceased.
• Are you familiar with Datil, NM? You might want to be. A…Continue
TAJIQUE, NM--Last month my grandson Robert Bennett, biking partner Mike Moye and I decided to hike to the top of the Manzano Mountains. I have used this trail several times before and it has a special place in my heart. I guess it comes from having done it so often that it feels like an old…Continue
• Rare Soviet Union-era tuba, bagpipes and other instruments stolen from q-Staff Theater downtown.
• Free hugs for all on a new…Continue
Added by Dee Cohen on July 15, 2014 at 5:26am — No Comments
• Think you've got what it takes to be the next "American Idol?" Auditions in Old Town tomorrow.
• Artist's house sitter…Continue