• It happened in a flash. Lightning struck a UNM student last week. Luckily, he's fine, but his watch is now deceased.
• Are you familiar with Datil, NM? You might want to be. A…Continue
TAJIQUE, NM--Last month my grandson Robert Bennett, biking partner Mike Moye and I decided to hike to the top of the Manzano Mountains. I have used this trail several times before and it has a special place in my heart. I guess it comes from having done it so often that it feels like an old…Continue
• Rare Soviet Union-era tuba, bagpipes and other instruments stolen from q-Staff Theater downtown.
• Free hugs for all on a new…Continue
Added by Dee Cohen on July 15, 2014 at 5:26am — No Comments
• Think you've got what it takes to be the next "American Idol?" Auditions in Old Town tomorrow.
• Artist's house sitter…Continue
Old Walnut Tree
The old walnut tree still stands tall yet dying
down by the creek between the graveyard and my brother's house
still teaches lessons to its English Walnut children
the dead and anyone else patient enough to listen
A woodpecker tenders the gentle old soul …
I stumbled upon two poems by my sister, Professor Sharon Barba (Rising Tides) and was surprised that a comment was made to the mystery of the life and death of Rose at a relatively young age (49). The mystery is more that so few people seemed to have any interest at all. University of El Paso Texas honored her posthumously (Women in History) a couple years after her death and if not for Professor Lois Marchino, that would have never happened.
Added by J. Royal Barba on July 10, 2014 at 3:36pm — No Comments