Added by RiRiSynCyr on February 9, 2010 at 5:00am —
From the two whos:
There is a love and hate relationship for the opposite sex. Just look at the blogs of single women and single men! We are seeking the opposite sex all the while cursing at them, making fun of them and treating them as 'things'. The Two Whos are definitely not going to do that., wink wink...
Cece and her friends are talking about swearing off men, thinking men are distracting to say the least. Yun is… Continue
Added by yun li on February 9, 2010 at 5:00am —
We’re smack in the middle of Black History Month and don’t I just know it? I’m getting emails from friends who are performing all over this town and the state, and our grown and almost grown children are asking Dad questions about the time he met Dr. King
, and what Nobel Peace Prize winner… Continue
Added by Barelas Babe on February 8, 2010 at 3:00pm —
- THIS breaks my heart, but thankfully there are awesome people like THIS in town trying to educate and support people with good dogs (like mine!). And their calendar is pretty darn cute too!
Added by RiRiSynCyr on February 8, 2010 at 4:45am —
Once called "The Aristophanes of the Piñon-Juniper Scrubland" performance poet Larry Goodell
has lived in Placitas for almost 50 years. He has published many local writers and is author of Firecracker Soup
, Out of Secrecy, The Mad New Mexican, and… Continue
Added by The DitchRider on February 7, 2010 at 8:00am —
From the two whos:
Recently, as Cece bought some stamps at Walgreens , she was greeted by a very young cashier. She was about 20 and was a very beautiful Hispanic woman. Beautiful eyes, dark makeup...hair pulled back in a lovely knot...in looking further...all dressed in black and goth- like...black nails, choker.......with a radiant smile. Cece has to explain to Yun what Goth is. Otherwise, Yun would not have the faintest idea what… Continue
Added by yun li on February 7, 2010 at 5:00am —
Created at a recent Wednesday night workshop led by Ann Dunbar.
Added by OFFCenter Community Arts Project on February 6, 2010 at 11:30pm —
I have been practicing in ABQ for the last 10 years. If someone were to ask me how's the medical practice, I would say, "It's Complicated!"
It is not hard to understand the present health care problem.
For many practices, it takes weeks to get in. Why? Because there are just too many patients assigned to a physician. Many of my patients are surprised to hear that I have a panel of 2,500. Why does a physician have that many patients? Because they were assigned to… Continue
Added by Benjamin Chan on February 6, 2010 at 4:00pm —
Last night I had the thrill of going to The Coop with my bro who won tickets here on DCF. With no idea of what to expect, I googled Fred & realized it was going to be an interesting, fun night. Bro rounded up the gang & away we go.
First of all, as we go in & are looking for a table, there is a fairly large area filled with what I call the "Fred Boutique", merchandized to the gills. Not that that's a bad thing. I liked it. It said to me that Fred was no fool. Fred was a… Continue
Added by cathyray on February 6, 2010 at 2:53pm —
- UNM looking into raising admissions standards.
- Legislation to protect "pore space" (whatever that is) doing fine in the…
Added by pepeye on February 5, 2010 at 6:00am —
From the The Two Whos Blog:
Inspired by Einstein: "Make things simple not simpler."
One day, Yun says to Cece:
" For many years, through many relationship dramas, I have come to believe a phrase I heard: “love is not enough” for a relationship. We need compatibility in all areas: social economical, physical, emotional, mental, educational, personality, values,... Whatever you want you can… Continue
Added by yun li on February 5, 2010 at 5:00am —
- The fund used to provide indigent multiple-DWI offenders with discounted ignition interlock service has run out of money. The solution to their problem can be found right here.
Added by pepeye on February 4, 2010 at 6:00am —
Headlines Just in...
Self-help guru James Ray is Arrested
on manslaughter charges stemming from deaths in sweat lodge ceremony last year. [Many New Mexican individuals and families were affected by this tragedy... ]
Added by Jeff Hartzer on February 3, 2010 at 6:38pm —
Here's the Super Bowl Pre-Week list of things to do in the Masshole World:
1. Check in at least two times a day at this great site
for those of us who like the commercials more than the actual play on the field. Too bad we're not as pop-culturally mature as the powers that be in Austria, because then we could have an awesome ad such as this to… Continue
Added by Masshole in Fringecrest on February 3, 2010 at 10:00am —
- So the Albuquerque Journal has an iPhone app. Other than continuing their idiotic paywall policy, it actually is an improvement over the visual travesty of the paper's regular web site. I especially like the fact that, when you select the "more" menu, you can go straight to the comments section. Pure entertainment and paywall free.…
Added by pepeye on February 3, 2010 at 6:00am —
From the Two Whos
Yesterday, I pumped up my bicycle tires and put my bike on the trainer and got ready to get on the bike for the first time...but by then I was exhausted! My shoulders were so tired that I determined I would never be able to pull up and maneuver on my spandex cycling shorts.....and believe me....that is a chore! So, I iced and rested and determined that today I would ride....except last night I was in… Continue
Added by yun li on February 3, 2010 at 5:30am —
NOB HILL--The APS school improvement election is today! Remember to vote. The problem is that since a lot of precincts have been consolidated for this election, you might not know where. Here is a little help.
If you know your precinct number, scroll down to the bottom of this page to view the consolidated precincts list
If you… Continue
Added by Johnny_Mango on February 2, 2010 at 8:59am —
- There's been quite a bit of discussion lately at Joe Monahan's blog about the Rail Runner. The opponents seem to hate the fact that its operation is heavily subsidized, which they seem happy to talk about as they drive up and down NM's heavily subsidized road system. How about we put a toll booth at the end of their driveways and make 'em pay to…
Added by pepeye on February 2, 2010 at 6:00am —
It's been a while since I've been on DCF. Ironically when I first moved to ABQ I was talked into creating my profile here and was pretty hesitant to do it. Well here I am almost 3 years later in the Duke City. The person new in my life who talked me into it is now one of my closest and very best friends. I have never been more grateful to have met her. She is truly one of my very best friends now and I met her right here in the Duke City. Along with that I have met many new people and have made… Continue
Added by AriesSweet on February 2, 2010 at 12:30am —
- This bill makes a lot of sense, financial and otherwise. So obviously it is completely doomed to fail.
- First box cutters terrorize us and ruin airplane travel. Now they take aim at sex. Who keeps one…
Added by pepeye on February 1, 2010 at 6:00am —