• Tributes abound for jeweler, antique dealer, philanthropist and Downtown mansion-builder Gertrude Zachary.
• State Education Sec'y overrules education advisory commission and grants…Continue
Added by Dee Cohen on February 1, 2013 at 6:00am — No Comments
• Who pays the most in state and local taxes in NM? A new study says it's the poorest New Mexicans, who pay more more than twice as much of their income as the top 1 percent.
Added by Dee Cohen on January 30, 2013 at 6:00am — No Comments
DOWNTOWN--Last Friday morning, at approximately 10:15, Edwin Reyes Espinoza raised his hand and became a citizen of the United States. Over 500 people witnessed the event at the Convention Center as 153 people from 42 different countries recited the oath that finalized the citizenship process. …
• I don't see it, but a Duke City couple hope an image of the Virgin Mary in a piece of firewood will bring them good fortune.
• Mr. Smith Goes to Court - Accused stalker/tire slasher/Congressional…Continue
Added by Dee Cohen on January 29, 2013 at 6:00am — No Comments
"It was during this time I hitched a ride to California and stopped in Bernalillo, New Mexico where I read in the Placitas Village newspaper "The Sign Post" of a new community forming, gathered around Buckminster Fuller's geodesic domes, alternative communal housing. I decided to spend a few…Continue
Added by Dee Cohen on January 27, 2013 at 6:00am — No Comments
Navajo Code Talkers enjoying the sun in Old Town.
Added by Dee Cohen on January 25, 2013 at 6:00am — No Comments
A dramatic metal, concrete, & stone home designed by Bart Prince. Located near Constitution &…Continue
Added by Dee Cohen on January 23, 2013 at 6:00am — No Comments