If our eyes were fast enough to read a coin as it flips in the air, the sides might read "Hello" and "Good-bye." Yet, when it comes to the lives of people around us, this perspective is hard to come by. How is it that a teenager can express it so well?
Jude Marx is a 16-year-old high school junior at…
Added by Dee Cohen on January 6, 2013 at 6:00am — No Comments
Added by Dee Cohen on January 5, 2013 at 6:00am — No Comments
2013 is just a few days old and it was just that short time ago that I found myself partnered up with a gaggle of food trucks down in Nob Hill for the New Year's Eve Food Truck Fiesta hosted by Duke City Food Trucks.
It was as fun as it was cold outside as people worked their way among eight food trucks that night. We had…
• Two Duke City politicians are officially on the job in D.C. It's now Sen. Heinrich and Rep. Lujan-Grisham.
• Duke City-based …Continue
• Holy Smokes, Batman! TSA picks up two inert hand grenades from travelers passing through ABQ Sunport.
• You're on candid camera! Video helps bust accused stalker…Continue
• Accused tire-slashing former Congressional candidate just can't seem to stay away from his opponent's house.
• Anti-DWI advocates want legislature to close …Continue
Added by Dee Cohen on January 2, 2013 at 6:00am — No Comments
• Happy New Year, and Happy 150th, Emancipation Proclamation! Unless you make over $400K, it looks like you've avoided the fiscal cliff, for now. Both NM US Senators vote in favor of the…Continue
I’ve often wondered: why does the year always go out as a hoary-frosted bearded dude in wizard robes?
Why not bid adieu to the year represented by an elegant woman of a certain…Continue
Added by Barelas Babe on December 31, 2012 at 10:30am — No Comments
• Don't let today's snow fool you. 2012 was a really warm year.
• Duke City receives…Continue
Added by Black Dog on December 31, 2012 at 6:55am — No Comments
If America's songwriters were poets they might have been lucky enough to write this moving piece. Instead, they had to content themselves with It Ain't Me Babe and Don't Fence Me In. Life is complicated, and this winding piece finds its mark in line after line.
Katrina Guarascio reads this…
Added by Dee Cohen on December 30, 2012 at 3:00am — No Comments