Beppe Gambetta and Peter Ostrouschko AMP Concert, Albuquerque, New Mexico March 6,2013 Concert Review “Every Italian home has a bottle of Champagne chilling for the day that Berlusconi goes to jail,” quipped guitarist Beppe Gambetta during his packed AMP concert with Peter Ostrouschko at Albuquerque’s Cooperage on March 6. Gambetta was explaining how he almost popped the cork prematurely on that bottle of bubbly when he learned that one of his recordings was climbing the charts in America.…Continue
NOB HILL--Yes, I watched the game. Well, I watched all but the last 30 seconds. I couldn't take any more. In the next room, my wife MaryAnn was playing Bubble-Shooter on her laptop. She had silently left the room with 10 minutes to go and stayed there without even asking the score. Is there anything I can say…Continue
• A Sandia Labs' first! Scientist Hope Michelsen has been named as the 2013 Outstanding Woman in Science for her work studying atmospheric soot and the origins of greenhouse gases.
• Bernalillo County…Continue
• Genetic research into treatment for a disease that afflicts a large population of Hispanic New Mexicans includes first-ever human trial, at UNM.
• Mayor Berry…Continue
Added by Dee Cohen on March 25, 2013 at 6:00am — No Comments
Despite this week’s cold snap, we have all been outside thinking about our gardens, worrying about those fruit trees, and glancing at the tangled hose half buried under the brown leaves out back. Welcome to spring! “Avoid bunnies,” adds the poet.
Merimee Moffitt lives in…
Added by Dee Cohen on March 24, 2013 at 6:00am — No Comments
• Water Authority plans project to see if 30 wells closed because of high arsenic levels can be reopened.
• NM Congressman thinks unemployed persons need to be drug tested before collecting benefits.
• As the saying goes, "..water's for fightin’". …Continue
• Could gay marriage already be legal in New Mexico? Let the legal theatrics begin.
Added by Dee Cohen on March 20, 2013 at 6:00am — No Comments
NOB HILL--Sometimes I think the city of Albuquerque hates pedestrians. Oh I know…pedestrians jaywalk all the time and some pedestrians just seem to dare a motorist to hit them.
Well, that's true. But what has the city done except threaten pedestrians with arrest? …
• Victim of the local film industry downturn? Owner of Nob Hill vintage clothier Revolver says the store will soon close its doors.
* New owner of 900 acre undeveloped portion…Continue
Added by Dee Cohen on March 19, 2013 at 6:00am — No Comments
• Last minute maneuvers before adjournment result in corporate tax cut from the Roundhouse.
• The war on …Continue