The latest look by the New York Times at the money raised by presidential candidates shows Hillary Clinton at $296.4 million. Estimates are the 2016 presidential campaign will…Continue
Watch election returns and analysis on NM PBS.
Added by Sophie on November 4, 2014 at 6:30pm — No Comments
Voters y votantes! Tomorrow Today is the day! If you haven't already early voted or absentee voted (or if your absentee ballot never showed up or was eaten by the dog), Tuesday is…Continue
• But it was such a good deal! Citizens and trade unions file suit against UNM for fraud over construction of The Pit.
• Mail-in election ballots were supposed to save money... but voters are finding…Continue
• 1126 UNM faculty and staff make $100,000 or more. Wanna see who makes what? As of Nov. 28, using data from UNM's Sunshine Portal, here's the list.
• Speaking of $100K,…Continue
• Thief makes off with assault rifle from APD vehicle; officials say break-ins of cop cars happen "all the time."
• After spending millions over the past three years, …Continue
Added by Black Dog on November 8, 2012 at 6:58am — No Comments
When in Seattle a few weeks ago, I reconnected with two former Albuquerqueans, Patti Cohenour and Michael Blum. Patti, of course, has starred on Broadway and many other stages. Michael was a stalwart of Albuquerque theater for 25 years before moving…Continue
Mayor Barry and about half of our city council have put forth an AQB Bond Issue that goes to voters TOMORROW, October 4th.
Half of the money would go towards the START of rebuilding the I-25/Paseo del Norte Interchange (Including improved bike trails and pedestrian access) and half the money would go towards the start of building a Sports Complex.
My feeling, as a Resident, a Realtor, and someone who has learned a fair amount about ABQ development over the past 5 years... is…Continue
Added by Crista on October 3, 2011 at 3:52pm — No Comments
Progressive Era reformers looked to the primary election as a way to measure popular opinion of candidates, as opposed to the opinion of the bosses. In 1910, Oregon became the first state to establish a presidential preference primary, which requires delegates to the National Convention to support the…Continue
Psephology is the study of results and other statistics relating to elections (especially with a view to predicting future results)... When elections are called, politicians and their supporters attempt to influence policy by competing directly for the votes of constituents in what are called campaigns. Supporters for a campaign can be either formally organized or loosely affiliated, and frequently utilize campaign advertising. It is common for… Continue