The latest look by the New York Times at the money raised by presidential candidates shows Hillary Clinton at $296.4 million. Estimates are the 2016 presidential campaign will… Continue
Added by Scot Key on May 31, 2016 at 12:30pm —
Watch election returns and analysis on NM PBS.
Added by Sophie on November 4, 2014 at 6:30pm —
Voters y votantes! Tomorrow Today is the day! If you haven't already early voted or absentee voted (or if your absentee ballot never showed up or was eaten by the dog), Tuesday is… Continue
Added by Sophie on November 3, 2014 at 2:00pm —
Added by Phil_0 on November 21, 2013 at 7:00am —
Added by hettie on November 1, 2013 at 7:00am —
- A local business is caught stiffing its employees and has to make good. (Hint: you'll never go wrong tipping the cleaning staff at a…
Added by hettie on October 29, 2013 at 7:00am —
- All this rain apparently has its ups and downs. (The lede for the second story is a pretty big bait-and-switch, though...it sounds…
Added by Phil_0 on September 24, 2013 at 7:30am —
- UNM could potentially bring in $148M over the next 74 years after development of south campus area.
- Speaking of millions of dollars, do you have a copy of…
Added by Adelita on March 13, 2013 at 6:30am —
• But it was such a good deal! Citizens and trade unions file suit against UNM for fraud over construction of The Pit.
• Mail-in election ballots were supposed to save money... but voters are finding… Continue
Added by MarketPlace Media on March 1, 2013 at 7:00am —
• 1126 UNM faculty and staff make $100,000 or more. Wanna see who makes what? As of Nov. 28, using data from UNM's Sunshine Portal, here's the list.
• Speaking of $100K,… Continue
Added by Black Dog on December 5, 2012 at 6:54am —
• Thief makes off with assault rifle from APD vehicle; officials say break-ins of cop cars happen "all the time."
• After spending millions over the past three years, … Continue
Added by Black Dog on November 8, 2012 at 6:58am —
Added by Adelita on November 2, 2012 at 7:10am —
When in Seattle a few weeks ago, I reconnected with two former Albuquerqueans, Patti Cohenour and Michael Blum. Patti, of course, has starred on Broadway and many other stages. Michael was a stalwart of Albuquerque theater for 25 years before moving… Continue
Added by Terry S. Davis on September 14, 2012 at 8:00am —
Mayor Barry and about half of our city council have put forth an AQB Bond Issue that goes to voters TOMORROW, October 4th.
Half of the money would go towards the START of rebuilding the I-25/Paseo del Norte Interchange (Including improved bike trails and pedestrian access) and half the money would go towards the start of building a Sports Complex.
My feeling, as a Resident, a Realtor, and someone who has learned a fair amount about ABQ development over the past 5 years... is… Continue
Added by Crista on October 3, 2011 at 3:52pm —
Progressive Era reformers looked to the primary election as a way to measure popular opinion of candidates, as opposed to the opinion of the bosses. In 1910, Oregon became the first state to establish a presidential preference primary, which requires delegates to the National Convention to support the… Continue
Added by J. Paul Lanier on August 20, 2011 at 7:30am —
Today, I will walk into an Elementary School and color in some circles in an attempt to actively participate in a right that has been hard to come by for some, if not all of us. This year is different though. This year I will be voting, not for who I think is best, or who I feel will lead better, but instead, I will be setting aside my fishing pole and pick up my wife's, casting it into the deep muddy waters of the political ocean.
Why people vote the way they do is as varied as the… Continue
Added by Granjero on November 2, 2010 at 8:12am —
Psephology is the study of results and other statistics relating to elections (especially with a view to predicting future results)... When elections are called, politicians and their supporters attempt to influence policy by competing directly for the votes of constituents in what are called campaigns. Supporters for a campaign can be either formally organized or loosely affiliated, and frequently utilize campaign advertising. It is common for… Continue
Added by J. Paul Lanier on October 30, 2010 at 6:00am —
- Something out of Hollywood's old west meets some weird sort of high school - level maturity. Read the comments as well... (Also, have you donated to NMI to help support their not-for-profit online brand of journalism yet?)
Added by Masshole in Fringecrest on May 31, 2010 at 5:00am —
**There were a number of hyperlinks to sources that, unfortunately, did not make it when I posted this... I'll try to fix it.**
To some, this line of questioning may seem naive. I am a political rookie, I confess. I'm just (and maybe I shouldn't be?) surprised by the election results and I wanted to open this up for (civilized, please) discussion if anyone's game.
The president is a Democrat. Congress has a Democratic majority.
Albuquerque had the same Democrat for… Continue
Added by Tiffany on October 7, 2009 at 6:30pm —
Last week, New Mexicans across the district from Belen to Bernalillo, from Estancia to the East Mountains, and, from the Northeast Heights to the South Valley rose up, went to the polls and cast their ballot to change Washington.
To those of you who supported me, I'm humbled by your support and on behalf of my family and my campaign staff, I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for everything that you've done to make this victory possible. This campaign was never about me -… Continue
Added by Martin Heinrich on November 12, 2008 at 2:39pm —