- Name 3 of America's top 5 cities for coffee: Seattle, Portland...Albuquerque? So say the readers of a big national travel mag (and they may not even be aware of Zendo or Michael…
Added by Phil_0 on October 20, 2014 at 7:00am —
- Albuquerque, we are better than this and this.
- Peeping Tom …
Added by Adelita on July 22, 2014 at 6:59am —
• Music soothes PTSD sufferers, and a local group is using donated guitars and lessons to help vets cope.
• Stealing from a church? There's got to be bad karma associated with that. A local woman is… Continue
Added by MarketPlace Media on July 18, 2014 at 6:30am —
• Entrepreneurial soap-maker is only 11, and donates some of his proceeds to the homeless organization that helped he and his mom get back on their feet.
• It sounds a little like "Happy… Continue
Added by MarketPlace Media on July 17, 2014 at 7:00am —
- An detailed--and infuriating--piece about Martinez's mental health…
Added by hettie on July 7, 2014 at 6:30am —
Added by Adelita on June 23, 2014 at 6:30am —
- The Rio Grande is starting to live up to its name.
- This crazy storm wreaked havoc…
Added by Adelita on September 16, 2013 at 6:30am —
Added by Adelita on March 15, 2013 at 6:30am —
In a few weeks, several staff members from Popejoy Hall will move to new quarters. At Popejoy, which was never built for a staff of more than half a dozen, we push coat rooms and closets into service as offices. In our new home, a converted house on Sigma Chi,… Continue
Added by Terry S. Davis on August 3, 2012 at 7:30am —
Added by Masshole in Fringecrest on March 1, 2011 at 5:00am —
"Panhandler" is said to derive from the Spanish "pan", meaning both bread and money (just as the American slang "bread" does today). But though it is supposed to have been first recorded in 1890, the earliest quotation I am able to find for it is in the humorist George Ade's 'Doc Horne'(1899): " He had 'sized' the hustler for a 'panhandler' from the very start"
. Robert Hendrickson,… Continue
Added by J. Paul Lanier on August 21, 2010 at 6:00am —
"So we've done a lot of things to kind of encourage the people to go someplace else," Harris said.
Concrete Park Erected To Solve Homeless Problem.
Added by J. Paul Lanier on June 26, 2010 at 6:00am —
Project Share on 1515 Yale SE feeds hundreds of homeless every week. This Saturday they will be having a yard sale with all proceeds going towards their mission. They are in need of anything that you no longer want and that they can sell. So dig through your closets and garage. They will be accepting donations tomorrow from 10am to 6pm. The sale starts Saturday at 9am.
Added by Tricross on April 16, 2009 at 7:14pm —
Cuidando Los Ninos
Current mood: excited
Katie Sonnen from Cuidando Los Ninos (Help The Children) is going to schedule me to tour the facility to help with the children's programs they have available. They're moving facilities this Saturday so it won't be until after May 19th that they can schedule me in. CLN helps the children of homeless families by giving the parents an opporutunity to acquire skills, attend classes, and find… Continue
Added by imouse1 on May 6, 2008 at 10:52am —
The Metropolitan Homelessness Project is sponsoring the Duke City SleepOut on Friday, May 2nd. All proceeds from the event will benefit the homeless of Albuquerque. The event starts at 7pm at the Albuquerque Opportunity Center (715 Candelaria NE). There will be music, movies, snacks, and a "best box" contest (which I will be entering). I will be attending with friends and I encourage everyone to go. :) The minimum amount of donations is $30 for individuals and $50 per group (unlimited amount of… Continue
Added by Sarah on May 1, 2008 at 9:41pm —