Added by Adelita on August 23, 2013 at 6:30am — No Comments
• Water Authority plans project to see if 30 wells closed because of high arsenic levels can be reopened.
• NM Congressman thinks unemployed persons need to be drug tested before collecting benefits.
• As the saying goes, "..water's for fightin’". …Continue
• Could gay marriage already be legal in New Mexico? Let the legal theatrics begin.
• Last minute maneuvers before adjournment result in corporate tax cut from the Roundhouse.
• The war on …Continue
• But it was such a good deal! Citizens and trade unions file suit against UNM for fraud over construction of The Pit.
• Mail-in election ballots were supposed to save money... but voters are finding…Continue
• Did you know the Duke City had a poet laureate? Neither did I.
• NMSU Extension Service to host …Continue
• Tributes abound for jeweler, antique dealer, philanthropist and Downtown mansion-builder Gertrude Zachary.
• State Education Sec'y overrules education advisory commission and grants…Continue
• Who pays the most in state and local taxes in NM? A new study says it's the poorest New Mexicans, who pay more more than twice as much of their income as the top 1 percent.
• I don't see it, but a Duke City couple hope an image of the Virgin Mary in a piece of firewood will bring them good fortune.
• Mr. Smith Goes to Court - Accused stalker/tire slasher/Congressional…Continue
• Happy New Year, and Happy 150th, Emancipation Proclamation! Unless you make over $400K, it looks like you've avoided the fiscal cliff, for now. Both NM US Senators vote in favor of the…Continue
• 1126 UNM faculty and staff make $100,000 or more. Wanna see who makes what? As of Nov. 28, using data from UNM's Sunshine Portal, here's the list.
• Speaking of $100K,…Continue
• Get your picture taken on the moon for FREE! Ok, it's not the actual moon, but a virtual environment... one of many fun activities on-hand at the NASA Aeronautics Research Display at the …Continue
Where are/were you today? Out camping, snow skiing, buying mattresses, or werer you at the Pandemonious Pit where the UNM NM Lobos tarred and feathered the Number 11 team in the nation on Nationally televised CBS Sports in HD?…ABQ and The Pit have not looked this great on decades…Go Lobos.
LOBOS take a 65-45 toppling upset over UNLV…All of Albuquerque looked great today Nationwide at The Pit. A lot of negative things about UNM athletics were washed away in a scathing win today…Continue
The UNM Lobo Men's basketball team has won its 13th game in a row ; its first conference game...They beat Wyoming (72-62) who until today was undefeated at home in Laramie. A tough game won handily by the Lobos...They are a remarkably well-rounded team this year. Question is When not if when it comes to the Lobos breaking into the NCAA top 25 teams.
Next up: on January 18th at 8 p.m. the Lobos play nationally ranked San Diego State in The…Continue
Added by J. Paul Lanier on October 29, 2011 at 7:30am — No Comments
Don Schrader and Leo Neufeld at the University of New Mexico Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender Questioning Resource Center Open House March 03, 2011
Leo Neufeld's first of four paintings of Don is currently on exhibit…
In case you hadn't heard, tomorrow is the day Coal Ave. closes between I-25 and Washington for a $26 million improvement project. It's also the day that Lead Ave. becomes a two-way street between I-25 and Washington to carry the extra traffic.