With Hanukkah starting today, Christmas and Kwanzaa just weeks away, Martini Mike wants to give you a gift from the heart. God I love Wikipedia. So, without further ado…here are a few tips for enjoying the holiday season.
1. Order your tamales early.
2. Better yet... make your own tamales! God I love Google. Start digging out a recipe & gathering ingredients early.
3. Don’t forget to share tamales (recipes at least) with Martini Mike.
4. Be careful to keep tinsel & wrapping paper away from pets. They could choke on the tinsel or make cute hats from the paper.
5. Here’s one I forgot until the cold, dark, still of the night last weekend… test your outdoor lights before attaching to house & putting ladder away!
6. Always walk past the stair stepper on your way to get more eggnog from the fridge.
7. If you don’t like traffic… buy your Luminaria Tour tickets early.
8. Empty your piggy bank & give an extra tip to that hairdresser, bartender, barista & others you frequented throughout the year.
9. You’re a hermit? Give to a charity. Not a hermit? Give to a charity. Although this is a good idea year round.
10. Is your entire street putting out luminarias? Don’t be a party pooper. Get out there & buy some candles, bags, and a lighter. We have plenty of sand… this is a desert!
11. Support your local businesses, although I did pick up a few toys at Wal-Mart… sshhhh.
12. Remember last winter? Get some salt before it sells out. (Wishful thinking)
13. Be nice to that weirdo near the pay phone at 7-11…it could be a runaway bride.
14. Put down the Patron or call a cab.