Looking for something to do this weekend? There are plenty of local events posted here on DukeCityFix.com... plus a few here you might want to check out:
Friday, November 2
• Soccer, cross country, volleyball, football. Take your pick of high school sports... there are plenty of games this weekend. See the full schedule of APS athletics.
• 2nd Annual Atrisco Heritage Dia de los Muertos Celebration. 5 to 7 p.m. San Jose de Armijo Cemetery, 2957 Arenal Rd. SW, 505-836-0306. The Atrisco area of the south valley becomes a place of community for one evening every year. Dress in calavera attire, enjoy face painting, games, sugar skull painting, music & refreshments and El Campo Santo Tiendita.
Saturday, November 3
• Asbury United Methodist Church Christmas Bazaar. 10000 Candelaria Rd. NE, 505-299-0643. Get a jump on your holiday shopping! November is a great month for craft fairs and bazaars. See a list of more here.
• Lynette's Improv Bingo. $20-$25. 7 p.m. Tech Love, 3901 Central Ave NE. Join everyone's favorite "Burqueña" for a game of Bingo; win some prizes, eat some food, have a couple of drinks and support Blackout Theatre's unique productions and ambitious education program.
Sunday, November 4
• "New Media: What is It?" Part of the Albuquerque Museum of Art and History's Sunday Program. 1 to 2 p.m., 2000 Mountain Rd. NW, 505-243-7255. In conjunction with the exhibition, "Machine Wilderness," this talk will explore the new media that is shaping both how art is created and experienced.
• ABQ Philharmonic Orchestra Fall Concert. 2 p.m. Free. Sue Cleveland High School, 4800 Laban Rd., NE, 505-433-7445. Guest piano soloist, Conor Hanick will perform Piano Concerto No. 5, “Emperor,” by Ludwig van Beethoven. Other works on the program include Symphony No. 9 by Dmitri Shostakovich, and the Academic Festival Overture by Johannes Brahms.