• 15,000 seats in the New Mexico Bowl already sold to Universities of Arizona and Nevada. However their fans most likely aren't coming. In fact, crowd expected to be a record low.
• But the parking lot might be full! UNM plays NMSU just across the street later in the afternoon.
• The historic KIMO Theatre will show "No Country for Old Men" next Wednesday at 7:00. It's free! Partly filmed here in Albuquerque, NCFOM won 4 Oscars in 2008.
• Police officer run down by shoplifting suspect and son in Coronado Center parking lot. Expected to make a full recovery.
• NM Business Weekly announces annual Best Places to Work in New Mexico. Interesting.
• Channel 7 takes "a hard look at city take-home cars." They didn't find much. Still, it beats their story on plugged-up toilets.
• That slow-moving casino construction project at Louisiana and Central is scheduled to open by Memorial Day. I'd like to take a bet on that! The building will house 700 slots.