• Negligence claim filed by "Operation Rescue" against abortion doctor thrown out by Medical Board. "Board Clears Abortion Doctor," says the Journal. Channel 4's headline is both misleading and contains this really bad and inappropriate pun: "Doctor off the hook for alleged shoddy abortion." Update!>> See comment below.
• Yet another Carlisle Blvd. gas station has neighbors hopping mad.
• UNM Confessions, a Facebook page where people post anonymous confessions about scandalous happenings at UNM, piles up 11,000 Likes in less than a week! Don't start reading if you get easily addicted.
• CNM faculty union broke--can't pay its own dues.
• Albuquerque Police Dept. crime lab may not as well exist. It's taking a year to get fingerprint results. Didn't Gov. Martinez reject funding for crime labs a couple years ago? Does anyone out there remember exactly what that was about?
• Two ABQ legislators sponsor marijuana bills in Santa Fe. But Governor says current law good for adding more charges to people with criminal records.
• C-SPAN arriving in the Duke City this week.
• Yet another reason to read the Daily Lobo: "Fear is an underestimated aphrodisiac," says a former sexual-health lecturer at CNM who gives country-wide demonstrations on flogging, wax play, and role-playing,
• Albuquerque man searches for his family for 3 ½ years; uses Facebook picture to find his brother.