• The NM Board of Finance refuses to approve UNM Hospital addition. The UNMH proposal is backed by Mayor Berry, the Board of Regents and the Chamber of Commerce. The NM Board of Finance consists of 7 members including the Governor, Lt. Governor, and four members appointed by the Governor. What the hell is going on?
• Planned Boy Scout camp in the Sandia Mountains draws ire of neighborhood association.
• U.S. News & World Report lists Duke City in TOP TEN of places to retire with $40K per year.
• Man seen hitting himself in the head with a water bottle before he falls into a one-foot hole. Sky 7 films the rescue. His possible excuse: the victim may have been drinking. No excuse offered for filming the event from Channel 7's helicopter.
• Another Channel 7 exclusive! Two 9th grade girls got in a fight in the Volcano Vista High School cafeteria. Cafeteria worker hurt trying to break them up.
• Intel, the largest employer on ABQ's west side, sees their Q3 income drop. Cites fewer PC sales as people shift to tablets and smartphones. What chips do we make here?