- Phew! The city avoids stepping in this pile.
- Mad scientists save us from ourselves again. Maybe those clunkers can be put to use as solar collectors?
- If you want your children to avoid the cheese sandwich stigma, pay attention to this deadline.
- A long time ago, here in Albuquerque, there was a combo called the Bud Warner Express. Their appearance was completely incongruous with the fabulous sound they put out. I always wondered what happened to them. Well, I have my answer for at least one of them: Bud Warner · Piano - at the Sizzler 7212 Menaul Blvd NE (6-9 p.m.) FREE (Saturday night).
- This is not the kind of plant we want to cultivate.
- Lots of fun stuff at and around the zoo this Saturday. 'Starry Safari' movie planned. Starry Safari? Somegye? You rascal!
- Indian Market going on up in SF this weekend. RailRunner also offers a ride on Sunday and in doing so, reveals its future Sunday schedule
- Online scalpers go crazy over pretty bald boomer man (swoon...).
- Couldn't make it to the Tour de France? Go yell "allez" here.
- The State Fair includes one of the Seven Deadlies in its lineup. If you must participate, here's what the wages are.
- And finally, have you ever wondered what it might look like in the alternate universe? It's a little long, but hey, it's Friday.
This week's MF banner courtesy of TaggerB