• Storybook ending yesterday for Air Force soccer team. "Heartbreaking loss," blogs UNM Coach Jeremy Fishbein. The 9th ranked Lobos finished 16-3-1, with two of the losses and the tie being at the hands of the Falcons. Fishbein moaned, "AF had our number this season."
• From the "Welcome to ABQ" File: Drunk gets cut off, smashes glasses and front door of the just opened BJ's Restaurant and Brewhouse.
• 90 lb. eighth grader shot by a man defending his property. It was 3:00AM. Man says, "What do you expect? You know?"
• Hellaciously ugly and out-of-place $7,000,000 "Tuscan Estate" in Los Ranchos de Albuquerque gets a property tax bill of only 25 bucks. Don't mention Class Warfare. He's just another Job Creator whose identity must be hidden to escape artistic ridicule.
• Coaches Sports Bar & Grill is closing at the end of the month.
• A couple of Meanies on the City Council thinking of legally undoing voter-approved hike in minimum wage.