• Fight over virtual charter schools headed to court after state Public Education Commission votes to appeal Education Secretary's approval of two startup charters the commission had earlier denied. Commission wants moratorium on virtual charters until their effectiveness can be determined.
• Dear UNMH, What's all this fuss about the need for a new hospital? Let's share our beds. With love :) Lovelace Health System.
• Rio Rancho city council may censure its mayor tonight.
• No changes to NM driver's license law for immigrants likely this year, as House committee votes to table "compromise" legislation.
• City Attorney's office changes its mind. Finds it does have the resources to file suit to enforce new minimum wage ordinance.
• Study #1 bad news: UNM faculty salaries lag from $7,000 to $21,000 behind its peers.
• Study #2 bad news: New Mexico #1 in teen pregnancies.
• Negligent drivers in the afterworld beware! Attorney Russ Whitener dies from cancer. Several years ago, Journal columnist Leslie Linthicum wrote this interesting piece on the flashy personal injury lawyer.
• More "Breaking Bad" news. TV show donates clothing to Joy Junction thrift store.