• Downtown Action Team asks City Council for money after businesses refuse to pay their assessments.
• Laguna man who killed bicyclist gets 182 days in jail.
• Governor's new appointee to UNM's Board of Regents sponsored bill prohibiting schools from offering reproductive health services including those related to conception, abortion, and sexually transmitted diseases.
• ABQ Journal's science reporter John Fleck honored at Roundhouse. Fleck, who is mentioned here frequently, has done our state inestimable good, especially with his reporting on water issues.
• Uncle Cliff takes his last ride. Dead at 97.
• City serial bank robber caught with help from alert NMEFCU teller. Hey buddy! That's MY credit union!
• Intel tries to play catch-up with mobile device in Asia. But how safe are our Intel jobs here? NM was the only state in the southwest to lose jobs last year, 3200 of them.
• Baillo's pops for $100K in Superbowl kickoff return promotion.