• Seeking to improve on the 79¢ women in NM make for every $1 made by men, state House of Reps approves Fair Pay for Women Act. Legislation would give women with complaints about pay discrimination quicker access to legal system.
• APS funding may come up $9 million short in the coming year. School board contemplates cuts.
• In aftermath of damning NY Times report, NM House passes bill to increase drug testing for racehorses.
• Good article in today's Journal on how politics has gotten in the way of setting up medical insurance exchange.
• Another sign of the times....PNM Good Neighbor Fund reports it assisted a record 10,200 New Mexicans paying their electric bills in 2012.