• Two Duke City politicians are officially on the job in D.C. It's now Sen. Heinrich and Rep. Lujan-Grisham.
• Duke City-based Smokey Bear balloon enters Congressional budget-cutting fight, courtesy of Ky. Senator McConnell.
• GOP reportedly not interested in bringing up voter ID law changes in upcoming legislative session.
• Don't worry, be happy, says ex-gov Bill Richardson to State Dept. about upcoming trip to North Korea with Google exec.
• 2.1 billion-year-old Martian meteorite discovered in North Africa shows Red Planet was once much more watery, says UNM scientist.
• Salsa dancing med student organizes weekend salsa party to benefit poor in Dominican Republic.