• Otters are believed to boost zoo attendance by 22%. So voters will decide in November whether a $2 million investment in otters at the BioPark is worth the estimated $11 million in revenue.
• A South Valley farm project, intending to create jobs for combat veterans, has received seed money from the city.
• Are you a woman who's used to stomping out fires? Now you can put that to use literally, as a wildland firefighter. Boot camp training is set for September.
• Run for the donuts! A 5K Donut Dash, through a donut-filled obstacle course, will raise money for The Storehouse later this month.
• Security guard accused of pulling a woman into a vacant apartment and forcing her to touch him has previous felony charges. Now, the state is investigating how he got licensed as a security guard with his previous record.