• Did you know the Duke City had a poet laureate? Neither did I.
• NMSU Extension Service to host workshops next week to assist local food growers reach bigger markets.
• 326 weapons, including 2 assault rifles, collected in weekend gun buyback in South Valley.
• ABQ pursues foreclosure against owner of Hyatt Regency building owner for non-payment of BID taxes.
• Cops warning consumers about dubious door-to-door security alarm sales schemes.
• Least likely to succeed? Senate Rules committee to take up resolution by Duke City lawmaker to take future election redistricting away from legislature and put it in the hands of an independent commission. Passage would mean a change in the state's constitution, putting the question on the ballot.
• UNM hires recruiter to increase black enrollment, which is currently less than 3 percent of student body.