• Accused by some of lacking "the vision thing," Mayor Berry publishes "ABQ, The Plan." A Few Ideas. Nice Drawings. No Money. Not a cent.
• "Right-to-life" group hauls doctor in front of licensing board for calling 911 from clinic.
• Local funeral home director beats up his wife, then tries to run over two policemen. And this is just the latest of his legal problems. On the other hand, I doubt his customers have come forward with any complaints.
• A couple knocks off two CVS pharmacies in the northeast heights within 15 minutes. Police later found them in the North Valley with the loot: 2500 Oxycotines. It's always the last thousand pills that trip you up!
• More excitement in the Heights! Two houses catch fire. Nobody hurt.
• Voting for the APS bond election is tomorrow! $368M worth of school renovation projects are on the ballot. Please find some time to vote. Here's where & other info.
• Residents claim victory over Smith's gas station at Carlisle and Constitution NE…but the pumps are still running.
• State Senator John Ryan (R-ABQ) proposes bill allowing Sunday bar sales to to start at 10:00AM, rather than the current 12:00. Says the measure is good for business. In these tough economic times, it is reassuring that Ryan has his eye on the highball. And yes, 10:00AM bar patrons are an untapped opportunity.