• I don't see it, but a Duke City couple hope an image of the Virgin Mary in a piece of firewood will bring them good fortune.
• Mr. Smith Goes to Court - Accused stalker/tire slasher/Congressional candidate Gary Smith appears before judge in bond hearing. His attorney says he may need mental health treatment. Duh!
• Stay away from the Sockeye! Whole Foods recalls smoked salmon sold in New Mexico after tests reveal listeria contamination.
• Increased adoptions help drive down euthanasia by 40 percent for dogs and cats at Duke City animal shelters in 2012.
• AG King says Texas-based high interest lender's bankruptcy is its ways to "weasel out" of paying $20 million in restitution to NM borrowers.
• Gruet owner files bankruptcy to protect his NM assets from seizure in connection with failed effort to purchase Texas winery.
• UNM students urged to travel in groups after Sunday groping incident.
• Westside middle school students win prizes in national essay contest.