• Bernalillo County Fire Dept. equips rescue unit with an extra-large gurney and a winch.
• 1500 line up for 200 jobs at new Target. Remember, two days ago 200 high-tech jobs at HP left for Georgia.
• Crime in Rio Rancho is up. Channel 7 notes RR has a "small police force." Well, the solution is obvious; hire bigger officers.
• A cold cold storm with 55 mph winds to slam ABQ today. Light rain or snow also possible. Overnight temps drop all week. Seek shelter. Drip those faucets.
• A suspicious device, resembling something named after a former Soviet Union official and meant to be thrown at tanks, was found near an ABQ dumpster. Turned out to be fireworks item.
• Flu hits Duke City hard. Protect your family--get shots.
• Rio Rancho fireman is charged with getting his truck fixed with charity funds. Police used the digital encoding (the picture date) on his camera to catch the guy. Those RR police may be small, but they're smart!
• Teenager charged with throwing a brick at sheriff's officer and then biting the hand of the police who arrested him.