• Tijeras animal rescue activist accused of serial dognapping from East Mountain homes. Authorities say she could be involved in as many as 60 cases of stealing dogs from yards and inside homes.
• Guv, legislature to have $283 million in "new money" for state spending in 2013.
• As nation recovers from recession, Duke City lags, says Brookings Institution.
• Conservative research foundation rates Duke City the least tax-friendly city in NM. Rio Rancho is second.
• Substance abuse recovery group partners with VA to set up housing in NE Heights specifically for recovering veterans.
• APS announces winners of annual Selfless Seniors award for contribution to the community. Look for their photos at the Sunport on your next trip.