• BernCo Commissioners have 17 candidates to choose from next week in replacing Assessor Karen Montoya. The chosen one will serve out the remaining two years of Montoya's term, while she moves on to the PRC.
• UNMH Substance Abuse program needs to find a site for planned $3.5 to $4.5 million building.
• Duke City wireless technology firm gets a $500K installment of funding, including state high-tech venture capital, to fuel effort to move its product to market.
• More than 8,000 Nationwide Insurance customers in NM may be potential identity theft victims.
• Trial for former APD officer accused of murdering his wife moved to Sandoval County court.
• Portion of popular Bosque Trail south of Tingley Beach closed for repairs until Dec. 18.
• Lobos rally to defeat Southern Cal, move to 9-0.
• NE Heights neighbors pitch in to help homeowners whose Holiday lawn decorations are stolen.