• Founder of Duke City's iconic Octopus Car Wash chain dies.
• Busy bank robber with American flag on his cap hits two Westside locations in one afternoon.
• Albuquerque liquor store operator wants to open 89,000 sq. ft. restaurant/bar/carry out store just off I-25 in Algodones. Some neighbors object, fearing safety on the Duke City-Santa Fe corridor.
• Warren Buffett shows the Duke City some love. Berkshire Hathaway subsidiary acquires local jewelry supplier Bell Group.
• While snow bypasses Duke City, other parts of New Mexico benefit.
• Survey: Duke City/Santa Fe among the top 6 in percentage of churchgoers attending megachurches. Sin City leads.
• Lawmaker says public buildings should only be named for dead people.
• Will we ever see him again? Do we want to? Marty Chavez back at work in DC as lobbyist.