• W.Q., in a front page opinion piece, shines his bright light on UNMH's quest for more emergency room beds.
• Former North Valley legislator Dede Feldman takes on the NRA.
• Fight breaks out between cabbie and passengers in front of Nob Hill sushi bar. Could lead to new menu item: Yellow Cab Roll with Ginger.
• Kirtland AFB will use big unit to suck up fuel spill plume.
• Channel 7 tries to blame minimum wage hike for financial problems at Joy Junction. Later mentions donation nosedive this year.
• HP, in big trouble nationally, sends 200 Rio Rancho jobs to Georgia. Already laid off 100 last July.
• Maloney's Tavern buys its way out of suit by disabled woman with a service dog who was refused table inside.
• Tiny endangered bird, the southwest willow flycatcher, gets bigger neighborhood and lots of attention as bosque fire hazard.