• Lobo men’s soccer ranked #2 in the nation after winning a pair of exhibition games in California.
• NMSU Aggie football ranked #111 out of 124 college teams in national poll. Unbelievably, Lobo gridders ranked even lower: #120! Lobo Strength of Schedule doesn't look too good either.
• More bad news for Lobo football fans: Coach mentions quarterbacks and “tremendous sense of urgency” in same paragraph. Team advertises for walk-ons.
• APS Board Member Paula Maez blames Facebook and Twitter for change in school naming policy.
• Funnel cloud spotted over East Mountains. Not called a “tornado” because no evidence it touched the ground.
• It may be called the Thunderbird Bar, but it will never replace the fabulous Thunderbar Bird.
• Here’s one more reason to hate bicyclists: pedaling purse-snatchers said to plague plaza in Old Town.