• Former Guv Gary "Big J" Johnson
commends Martinez for examining film tax incentives. Says she ought to take a look at the RailRunner too.
• City councilor talking about needing a bullet-proof dais
, giving councilors something to duck behind if shooting starts. And those in the audience? Maybe high-backed bullet-proof seats with built-in periscopes...to allow viewing of 21st century democracy in action.
• Our Water Utility Authority is suing PNM and the PRC along with the AG
. Why? Try to follow this perverted logic. To protect "residential and small business ratepayers," PNM is upping the cost of electricity to the WUA by $3.5 million without any input from the Water Authority. That increase, of course, will be paid by...residential and small business ratepayers!
• Speaking of water, every day seems to bring more breaking water pipes
. Btw, read the first two comments as well. I do know that concrete asbestos water pipes were being installed in the valley as late as 1971.
• Go directly to jail. Do not pass Go. But DO collect $200.
The Metro Detention Center is hiring 100 people
to be jail guards. Current prisoner-to-guard ratio is about 90 to 1.
• Intel claims "best year in history."
2010 Sales up 24%, profits up 167%. Hmmm.
• Looking for a deal on a nosecone?
Over 4 feet high with military markings...$200. East mountains (natch).